10 More Things that Really Irritate Me (11-20)
Here’s part two in my ongoing list.
11. The assumption that those outside the Church have a right to tell those inside the church how to conduct themselves with respect to the Scripture.
12. The assumption that the Church cannot make statements about sin in this world. It seems it’s OK for the world to judge the church, but the church cannot judge the world.
13. The assumption that faith is invalid evidence for truth.
14. The assumption that only those who accept hedonism and anarchy are culturally advanced.
15. The assumption that Christians are a blight on this world.
16. The assumption that the Church ought to be doing more to solve this or that crisis that the world caused because of sin. Or, for that matter, that we should prevail upon God in our prayers to end this or that catastrophe whose origin is in sin.
17. The assumption that it is the Church’s responsibility to end world poverty by using our tithes and offerings to supply what the world is lacking.
18. The assumption that the opinion of atheists matters more than the opinion of a Christian.
19. The assumption that God believes in atheists.
20. The assumption that Christ faith has no place in the arenas of politics, public education, and the like.
That’s part two. This is getting depressing. I’ll try to keep the angst to a minimum. I’m just tired to death of the unbelievers in this world thinking that their ideas are all that matters–that they are the true shapers of opinion and culture. You might call this my 95 Thesis to the World.